As one of the largest employers in the area, we have over 350 team members.
Offering career opportunities with advancement in the automotive field, we are actively seeking career minded individuals looking to be part of a growing successful business with unlimited potential.
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc., an industry leader in the manufacture of highly decorative second surface acrylics and decorative chrome plating on functional plastic components, is a seeking highly motivated, team players, possessing a continuous improvement mindset, to join our team.
LP&P is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the area’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
It’s what makes LP&P a great place to work and grow.
LP&P is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work for LP+P
Our products promote pride and visibility
Very few jobs at competing facilities allow team members the ability to walk up to a vehicle and point at a particular component and say “I helped make that” At LP+P the vast majority of our parts are highly visible and can be seen on a daily basis. For me that’s a point of pride, knowing that everyday people across the globe are seeing parts we manufacture on a daily basis.
Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to care
LP+P is a mid-size company, we are small enough to where you still know everyone by name. We all have a sense of family and comradery, most of us look forward to coming to work each day.
LP+P is a great place to foster lifelong friendships.
Definite potential for advancement
LP+P consistently promotes from within, from available floor personal and allows team members to work their way up. A good majority of our team member in mid to upper level positions started out as entry level operators and have climbed the corporate ladder to successful careers.
Employee Morale Programs
- CEO Award Program – Management chooses one team member each quarter for Outstanding Achievement – 500 dollar reward
- Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits
- 401 K Program
- KPI Driven Bonus Program – Hourly Team members can receive profit bonuses based on performance
- See It Say It Fix It Program – suggestions on safety and performance submitted by team members – If your idea is chosen you get a 25 Dollar Gift card
- In House Training programs – Team members can learn skills in house such as Hi-Lo operation, Overhead Crane, Hazwoper, Aerial Lift
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc., an industry leader in the manufacture of highly decorative second surface acrylics and decorative chrome plating on functional plastic components, is seeking highly motivated, team players, possessing a continuous improvement mindset, to join our team as Entry Level Production Team Members.
Production Team Members are responsible for the day to day, manufacturing, inspection, and packing of plastic, and chrome plated components.
Employees at this level may operate Injection Molding Presses, Simple Machines, load and un-load components, pack or unpack parts and components, inspect and hand trim components, as well as keep an hourly check list of scrap and defects.
Production and Machine Operators Positions on all three shifts. (1st, 2nd ,3rd)
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must adhere to all safe work procedures
- All positions require constant movement, continuous standing, excellent attention to detail and basic math skills.
- Previous factory experience and an excellent work history preferred
- Must Have Reliable Transportation
- Must be able to report to work without any absences for the 60-day probationary period
This Position may require any or all the duties listed below.
- Inspection of chrome plated and plastic automotive components for defects
- Racking or Un-racking of components onto or off Plating Racks
- Clipping or trimming of excess plastic or chrome plated plastic
- Assembly of chrome pieces and lenses
- Operation of simple machinery
- Operation of Injection Molding Presses
- Packing of parts into boxes and containers
- Assembly of small clips and adhesive backings
- Lifting of up to 60 lbs.
- Recording and reporting of scrap and production numbers
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off after probationary period
- 50 Cent increase after 60 Days
- Medical Vision and Dental benefits
- UNUM Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program / Life Insurance Benefits
- Quarterly Performance Bonuses.
- Potential for Advancement
LP+P is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
APPLICATION FOR AT – WILL EMPLOYMENT
Lapeer Plating + Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complete all fields. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.