As one of the largest employers in the area, we have over 350 team members.
Offering career opportunities with advancement in the automotive field, we are actively seeking career minded individuals looking to be part of a growing successful business with unlimited potential.
Lapeer Plating & Plastics, Inc., an industry leader in the manufacture of highly decorative second surface acrylics and decorative chrome plating on functional plastic components, is a seeking highly motivated, team players, possessing a continuous improvement mindset, to join our team.
LP&P is a place where you can put your innovative thinking and skills into high gear and work alongside other highly intelligent and motivated people. It’s a place where you can apply your skills to some of the area’s most challenging, interesting, and meaningful projects. It’s a place that values the diversity of our areas of practice and our people.
It’s what makes LP&P a great place to work and grow.
LP&P is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Why Work for LP+P
Our products promote pride and visibility
Very few jobs at competing facilities allow team members the ability to walk up to a vehicle and point at a particular component and say “I helped make that” At LP+P the vast majority of our parts are highly visible and can be seen on a daily basis. For me that’s a point of pride, knowing that everyday people across the globe are seeing parts we manufacture on a daily basis.
Big enough to get the job done, but small enough to care
LP+P is a mid-size company, we are small enough to where you still know everyone by name. We all have a sense of family and comradery, most of us look forward to coming to work each day.
LP+P is a great place to foster lifelong friendships.
Definite potential for advancement
LP+P consistently promotes from within, from available floor personal and allows team members to work their way up. A good majority of our team member in mid to upper level positions started out as entry level operators and have climbed the corporate ladder to successful careers.
Production and Machine Operators Positions on 1st, 2nd and 3rd Shifts
- Must be 18 years of age
- Must adhere to all safe work procedures
- All positions require constant movement, continuous standing, excellent attention to detail and basic math skills.
- Previous factory experience and an excellent work history preferred
- Must Have Reliable Transportation
- Must be able to report to work without any absences for the 60-day probationary period
Position may require any or all the duties listed below.
- Inspection of plastic automotive components for defects
- Effective communication with Quality Control, Supervisors and Machine Techs
- Clipping, removal or trimming of excess plastic
- Use of gate cutters, clippers and trimming knives
- Operation of contour gauges and calipers
- Operation of simple machinery
- Operation of Injection Molding Presses
- Packing of parts into boxes and containers
- Lifting of up to 60 lbs.
- Recording and reporting of scrap and production numbers
- Weekly Pay
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off after probationary period
- Complimentary Life Insurance
- Medical, Vision and Dental benefits
- UNUM Supplemental Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program / Life Insurance Benefits
- Potential for Advancement
LP+P is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
APPLICATION FOR AT – WILL EMPLOYMENT
Lapeer Plating + Plastics is an Equal Opportunity Employer – All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Complete all fields. Incomplete information could disqualify you from further consideration.